Sunday, April 20, 2008

THANKS

I would like to thank Richard and his family for the loan of this book with all the photos.
There were so many interesting ones it was difficult to choose which ones to put on the blog. I hope the ones I chose will be of interest to you.
Also to the photographer who took such evocative pictures back in the 1970s, they were really moving.
When I was young and I saw the tiredness in my father's eyes when he came home from working in the pit it just went over my head as it does when you are young. But seeing these pictures reminded me how hard it was to earn a living then and how much I owe him.
Thank you all, especially Dad.

2 Comments:

At 9:08 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I have just discovered your blog and want to thank you for the great pleasure I have had from exploring it.
I grew up in Bargoed, attended school there and graduated from Medical school in Cardiff.I left the UK in 1955 and currently reside in The USA. I have returned to Bargoed periodically and have noted it's sad decline since the colliery closed.

 
At 10:13 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Greetings from Boston MA. USA.
I have just discovered your Bargoed blog and am very grateful to you for the pleasure it has given me. I grew up in Bargoed, attended the, now demolished,grammar school and graduated from The Welsh National school of medicine. I left the UK.in 1955 but have returned to Bargoed periodically noting it's decline with regret. Very many thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home